Profitwise Accounting is a national cloud accounting firm headquartered in San Diego, CA experiencing its 19th year of consecutive growth. We are looking for a Remote (work from home) Accounting Manager/E-Commerce Controller. The Remote Accounting Manager/E-Commerce Controller. is a highly accountable and results-oriented professional who is ready to hit the ground running by managing monthly bookkeeping and financial statement tasks for a variety of clients. The successful candidate will have a keen sense for attention to detail, ownership over the quality of work produced, strong communication skills and a desire to collaborate, and the ability to work remotely within a highly fast-paced and team-centric environment. Day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to, reviewing monthly financials prepared by accounting staff, very important to have a keen ability to review in detail as needed, bank, credit card, amazon, shopify and merchant reconciliations, reviewing and delivering financial statements, month end close, client communication, as well as managing a small team of junior accounting team members.
The Remote Accounting Manager/E-Commerce Controller. plays a vital role in the overall success of our clients and company! The goal of this position is to champion our clients, and their businesses to success by providing timely and accurate financial reports as needed.
About Profitwise Accounting
Our mission is to help small business owners achieve their professional and financial goals by providing timely and insightful financial advice through our cloud-based accounting and advisory services, while providing a culture that promotes personal, professional and financial growth for our team. We work nationwide and specialize in helping e-commerce businesses, Amazon sellers, digital agencies, and startups. Our remote-first business model means that we have experienced, knowledgeable Accounting Manager/E-Commerce Controller, accountants, and business consultants working virtually across the country and growing by the day! Our core values are the backbone of our organization; they drive our culture, and our hiring process: we exemplify humility, ownership, impact, service excellence, grit, and oneness!
- Reviews and manages clients financial statements with supporting documents.
- Provide Legacy Bookkeeping (year-to-date) for client(s) that require their bookkeeping caught up to the most recent month. Closes the books from the prior year and ties the books to the most recent year tax return. Brings clients books up to date in QuickBooks Online software, or QuickBooks Desktop software, including importing transactions, completing data entry transactions, reconciling bank, credit card, e-commerce and merchant statements, adjusting and reconciling all balance sheet accounts and payroll expenses, and reclassifying any expenses deemed necessary.
- Prepares and reports sales tax, as required, by using information collected from the sales processing platform.
- Builds a complete and accurate set of tax return preparation work papers using the highest standards in the industry.
- Posts project time in our practice management software daily for client(s) to be billed appropriately.
- Completes assigned projects/tasks no later than allotted time budget.
- Provides backup to other Controller / Accounting Manager(s) during absences.
- Serves as a resource to colleagues and as a mentor to less experienced employees.
- Managing a small team of bookkeepers
- Client communication and presentation of financial statements over Zoom.
- Analyzes and recommends solutions to problems drawing on information across the company.
- Participates in bookkeeping and accounting information gathering to keep abreast the latest trends, techniques and best practices in the industry.
- Interprets and applies accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
- Communicates client and/or process issues with Operations Manager.
- May assume additional responsibilities/duties as business needs change.
- QuickBooks Online: 3 years (Required)
- Bookkeeping: 4 years (Required)
- E-commerce Accounting required
- Public Accounting Firm: 4 years (Required)
- Advanced computer skills
- Bachelor's in Accounting (Preferred)
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor certification (Preferred)
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and lead others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Recent public accounting experience
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Critical attention to detail
- Strong software skills
- Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Efficient and effective work habits; effective working remotely
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related area of study, or equivalent work experience
- At least 4- year work experience in finance and accounting working for a public accounting firm
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce, Profitwise Accounting recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability, and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates, and partners.
If this position caught your eye, and you are a highly experienced and motivated Controller / Accounting Manager looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity with a virtual CPA firm that values its employees, apply now!
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Pay: $60,000 - $95,000 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement Matching
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Full time (40) & Part Time (25) working hours per week
- Maintain a set of core working hours between 8AM and 6PM in your US time zone
- Overtime availability during peak tax season
Supplemental pay types
- Bonus pay
- Competitive salary with a variety of bonus streams
- Flexible and collaborative work environment
- Career Development opportunities & ongoing training
- Supportive team culture and awesome team members
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings